Wednesday, January 24, 2007

the Winter Wind

It is ten to eight in the morning and there is a hint of blue in the sky. There is now light in the sky at 4:30 in the afternoon. These are improvements. The days are getting noticeably longer and I am happy about that. I feel my winter funk slowly slipping away. Next year I NEED (as Chad says) to spend November, December and January on the other side of the equator. I have been thinking about Africa but if I cannot afford to go there I will settle for Central America. Last night I was cruising the net and got pretty excited about traveling across the north of this great continent. Maybe flying to Europe (a little cheaper I think) and then taking the boat from Gibraltar to Morocco. From there well…it is so hard to say…I think Mauritania, Mail, Algeria, Libya, Egypt and then I hop skip and a jump across to Jordan finally ending up in Israel. I have to end in Israel. I cannot even be admitted entrance to any of the afore mention Muslim countries with an Israeli stamp on my passport. It sounds a little crazy but I guess it is like that whole Cuba-USA thing. Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.

1 Comments:

Blogger marguerite bromley said...

hello lady of the mountains!

i just came across your blog, via Meghan's. i love it!

i understand completely that you need to catch some rays next winter but can you wait until mid November to leave so you can come all the way down to Penticton for my vernissage? (art opening in french)

maybe i can try to get everyone to come and it will be a big fun reunion like the weddings you were talking about the other day, only for art sake.

i am glad the sun is shinning more in smither's, it is shinning more in montreal too.

love,
maka

10:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home