Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Waiting for my garden

I shovelled way the last chunky pile of snow that was lurking in a dark corner. The ground still freezes, my grass is brown and my gardens are filled with scruffy dead plants. If I didn’t have pictures of my beautiful flowers from last summer I am not sure that I would believe that they ever existed.
I moved into this house last June. Believe it or not that is early spring. We don’t plant things outdoors until the last weekend in May or the first weekend in June. I planted some snapdragons and nicotinas in large green pots by the front door.

As the days and weeks passed I noticed some small green spears poking up through the earth in my garden. I was shocked when these spears can into full bloom of rich and beautiful tiger lilies.

A few weeks ago I bought some seeds and soil and those little peat cups and plastic trays. I bought nasturtiums, salvia, thunbergia vine (black eyed Susan), purple morning glories, heavenly blue morning glories, cosmos (lady birds) and coreopsis. This weekend I am going get them started and plant them in the ground outside in six weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home