Tuesday, November 07, 2006

One Small Motor and the Polar Bear Dances

My mission today was to buy a motor. Not just any motor but a little motor. One that circles around and around at a slow pace. Something that I can hang my newly finished disco ball from. I live in the north in a small town. There is heaps of snow on the ground and the sun is ont the other side of the earth lighing up Africa or something from 4:30 pm until about 9:00 the next morning. During these long evenings I divide my time between partying my butt off and holing away in my homey cave making funny things like a disco ball in the shape of a polar bear. A little odd I know but I made it with the Snow Boot Ball in mind. This party marks the beginning of winter and skiing and snow. We make some sort of offering to Oller, the Norse god of glitter, frost and Skiing nd dance and drink and carry on into the wee hours of the morning maybe even until the sun leaves Frica and comes back to us in Canada. Anyways there will be live music and an outdoor dance floor and a bunch of snow lovin’ kooks wildly dancing in their customized ski and snowboard boots. I though a disco ball would improve this event and why not make one shaped like a polar bear? So three days and 16 finger cuts later I have a polar bear disco ball named Wallace. It seems that disco ball motors are difficult to find in these parts and no one seems to want to deliver one to Canada. I went to the local hardware shop where Dick, the owner and operator hooked me up with a rotisserie; you know those things to cook chickens over open flames? Slow moving circular motions…I’ll see if it will do the trick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

a rotisserie! hhaahah!

i want to eat some roasted polar bear a la disco!

5:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home